Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
PS3 price
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: PS3 price Reply with quote

I'm surprised no one made a topic on this...

so what does every1 think about having to pay £410 for a PS3 Shocked

I think I'll be w8ing till FFXIII comes out and hope it's cheaper Laughing

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, i doubt arnie has a prob with the price... any price.
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sony have priced themselves right out of the market now, i have no respect left for them with this shite and the lack of choice with the ps3

m0nk
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: PS3 price Reply with quote

Kevrpgfan wrote:

so what does every1 think about having to pay £410 for a PS3 Shocked

erm is anyone actually gonna pay that lol? gotta be pretty messed in the head to spend that much money on a console to play just computer games on. lets not pretend u will buy it for its other features.

id wait a year or 2 until developers work out the hardware and make games where the graphics will actually look better than the xb360. games will look the same as xb360 apprently for year or 2

|wa clan sL, wcd member| |wwp clan lor leader|
NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they might end up not looking as good as the ps3 is the hardest platform to program for, and the 360/wii are pretty similar so easy to port to and from with. sony are bullying people into buying bluray and buming the price up.
if its going to be £420+ in the UK and only $599 in the states, then there is going to be one hell of a import business with the PS3's and ebay is going to be a joke from us sellers shipping systems to the UK.

but it is rip off blighty so... Rolling Eyes

Plutonic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are two versions dont forget, although even the cheaper one is still fucking expencive...

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumours are going round though that europe wont see the 'cheap' pack, instead just the top system Neutral

m0nk
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

either way.. sony r homo.. not like they have no money and need to put high price.

bring on the sega satern

|wa clan sL, wcd member| |wwp clan lor leader|
NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, sony do like bumfun.

lmao @ sega saturn

im dying for a Wii Laughing

Plutonic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree....
As i have said elsewhere, what you have to keep in mind is that the xbox is build from currently available hardware and technology. And therefore has a relatively low production cost. Sony in line with a number of other companies have invested millions on the not only the blueray techology but that of the cell processor which is, as far as commercial releases, is a first. Sony, IBM and the others all have to make that money back somehow.
Microsoft being a software comany have been forced to contract other companies which for them is cheaper. However it will start to show as PC architecture quickely over takes it. For that to happen to the PS3 some serious re-working will be nessesary.

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my main gripe with the PS3 is that there is no choice like there is with the xbox. they included the bluray, which tbh im not going to use as ive not got a TV for it, but we dont get achoice of it being left otu to bring down the price of the console. theyve made the 'budget' pack but thats only got a smaller hard drive in it, you cant use all the HD dvd either as theres no hdmi port on it as its the cheap option but they are still including the bluray drive which is insane as it adds cost and no functionality Shocked

the rumble has also gone from the contoller and theyve put in some halk effort for tilt and movement

Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on gamespot not long after posting this that it could cost £425... which left me with complete disgust...

The yanks get it for £319 ($599)... I can't find any logic in making us pay £105 more??? I understand we are usually taxed more but £105?!?!?!? Mad

As for the rumble feature being missing... I don't give a rats ass... It was cool at first and gave people dirty ideas (if u know what I mean Laughing) but after a while u forget about it... and get on with the game not paying attention to it... heck some games don't even use it... or at least I don't think they do Confused

As far as I can see Sony are making us pay more so they don't have to lose as much money as they will in other countries... but this will backfire cause they will be hoping to be making a profit on the games and Blue ray movies... Apart from FFXIII and FF Versus XIII, so far I'm not interested in any other games coming out on it... Oh and the reason the Blue Ray drive has to be included is cause all the PS3 games will be on them...

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the pad lacking the rumble feature is a step backwards though. not forwards like the other consoles have done especially the Wii.
theyre still making a loss on the console selling it for that much over here.
and lastly, the thing about all ps3 games going on bluray is BS if youve read that, remember the ps2 at launch? the majority of games were on CD still, it took about a year for games programmers to actually use the amount of pace on a DVD. i expect the same to happen with the ps3, it may be slightly less time but there is no game around or being made just now that will require more than 9gb of data (dual layer dvd)
its a con-console, i understand people defending it for their chosen fave game franchise, but the cost is just stupid. i want one for the tekken/gran turismo series, but im not going to be paying over half a grand for the privelage.
(£400+ for the console then £50 a pop for each game and maybe £30ish for an extra pad) Mad

l7cx1Cl

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im steal 1 from work ^^
i saw on tv GT4 or 5 looked alot better then PG3 so yes it gunna own xbox360 buttt MARIO N SPACE on Wii gunna pwn both tegther XD and zelda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: