Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
weeeee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Lords of Rope
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, no the guy didnt dive like i thought he did, ill take that back.
whether the keeper bought him down is negligable though, it could have been seen as pulling his foot OR as just a knee jerk reaction of trying to get the ball, but to be fair the ball isnt in the path that his arms are going so i cant even really say he was going for the ball either Neutral
after seeing it again im inclined to change my opinion a bit actually and say its a 50/50. however, the ref shouldnt have even let play go on that far, dont you notice how far the guy is offside? if the ref was worth his salt, he would have blown the whistle before that striker even touched the ball, clearly off side.

cheers for the video btw.

Added after 4 minutes:

and arsenal still scored with ten men.
arsenal are a world class team aswell, or they wouldnt even be in the final in europe ffs, dont try to take anything away from them by saying theyre underdogs or playing defensively and waiting for the counter, thats the only option when youre a man down against a top team like barcelona. it would be idiotic to go all out attack in that situation Rolling Eyes

oh and stop bringing up stuff about the english, no ones bought up where you come from so leave that crap out of the equation, this is about football

yakuza

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you go 50/50 if that's your wish, i'll just let you know how you're holding an oppinion the rest of the world differs, even lehman, the angry german doesn't even complain and even Henry said it was a red. Either way Arsenal where the underdogs of the final wether u like it or not, again, its the world against the brits.

Added after 6 minutes:

Also eto'o isn't offside in the first goal, its the camera wich doesn't let you appreciate, again, i'll wait for your evidence wich you won't be able to find.
dyn4mite

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eto'o was offside thats the truth and not just an Arsenal opinion and of course Arsenal were underdogs in the final it was the first time they have been there! its common sense no ?
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you not heard any of the responce that thierry was giving after the game? he was very unhappy with the ref's decision. same for wenger too.
take nothing away from arsenal, if they didnt deserve to be there then they wouldnt have been, its as simple as that.
eto'o is blatantly offside, the camera is slightly off but you can still clearly see it

PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoVa wrote:
eto'o is blatantly offside, the camera is slightly off but you can still clearly see it

yey, i love to join fights lol
a) u simply cant spare lehman after this foul - it is a red card. and after watchin the video its easy to see that the ref couldnt give them the advantage of the goal coz the scorer was offsides (check it in single frame and compare the distance from the defense and the scoring forward to the penalty area).

and to the offsides in the first place: i'd say no, no offsides here. its the camera angle that fucks it off and we cant see it from above, but what u can see is this:

look at the distance of eto'o to the defense b4 the pass at pic no1. then look at pic no2 and answer following questions:
1) how far went the pass from ronaldinho and how fast was the pass - means how much time had eto'o to run where he is.
2) how far is eto'o behind the defense and did he really need more time to get there than found out at question no1? Wink

http://soccersquared.com/rules/soccer-offsides.html wrote:
Offsides in Soccer

Offsides in soccer is determined when the ball is kicked rather than when the player receives the ball. In order to be offsides, a player must be on their attacking half of the field, be involved in the play, and be closer to the goal line than the ball and any of the opposing team's players. Offsides does not apply on corner kicks, throw ins, and goal kicks. If offsides is called, the opposing team gets a free kick wherever the offsides player was when he was offsides. If the player is level with his last opponent, he is not offsides.

hehe - im having fun here Cool

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah piglet i know, these people actually misunderstood the henry, he was talking about eto'os goal after larsson pass wich is imposible to call.
Imagine how imposible it is to call that these guys though Henry was talking about the disallowed goal Rolling Eyes

henry and wenger said eto'os actualy goal was offisde, and if u see a video its imposible to call, and in those situations the linesman is supposed to favor the attacker. rules.
Veggy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day Arsenal were screwed left right and centre. The ref had admitted he made loads of mistakes throughout the game. If we are to blame anyone it is the officials. The worst officiating in a football game ever.

Yakuza you aint going to win this fight so i suggest you leave this topic and it gets closed.
NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pics pig, thanks for trying to clear it up, but its iffy at best i reckon, theres alot of questionable decisions made by the ref that ultimate did fudge things up for both teams, but more arsenal i think.

barcelona won so theyre champs, GG i spose.

im outty on this thread as we all had a go at putting a point and our feelings over, no matter how heated it got

peace
Cool

yakuza

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just see how chilled you are now once you've actually seen proofs. Thing is, english media will hype england so much (more than any other country in europe, seriously) and make you winded up (see veggy (whoever he is) a few posts ago, even if he continues to think hes right at least he has stopped with the childish anger). You can say the ref favored barcelona all you want, he might have called some free kicks that were in favor of barcelona, but in the end of the day you guys didn't score 1 legal goal and we scored 3. end score? 2-1.
NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre just antagonising things now, let it go. weve all made our pitches, my thoughts ave slightly changed yeah, but ive always been chilled about the topic. its the english bashing and what appears to be hatred coming from you and the petty name calling that youve done in the thread that ive had problems with and got pissed about.

the english seem to be public enemy #1 for the whole world, for whatever reason, just leave it alone. this was about football not country of origin

yakuza

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reasons are a couple of pages ago, some english guy calling all of us names for disagreeing with him and o might arse anal.

Piglet are you scotish?
PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f) im ,

u) therefore i dont really care much about the match in question and

c) joined the flaming (discussion) just 4 fun.

k) germany will own them all in a few weeks anyway Cool

Added after 4 minutes:

just a side note:
if Lehman played the whole game, barca wouldnt have scored one single goal - COZ HES THE BEST KEEPER OF THE WORLD! ...and yes, hes a german too Twisted Evil

so dont be lame and stop the flaming here. it just began to be fun Laughing

WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol@pig, you batty.

i dont want to flame for no reason, it gets boring. and im sure yakuza must think ive got some mad vendetta against him, which i havnt btw!
i agree though, if lehmann was still on the pitch for the whole game, i doubt very highly that they would have scored, he hasnt let any goals in for arsenal since last september Shocked which is a very impressive run of games.

yakuza

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the clean record is kinda for due to the defense really. even if lehman did stop a penalty that's just a casuality of life. the people who deserve credit for the clean sheet are the defense.
NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats true, its not all on the keeper i guess. he is a cracking goal keeper though

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Lords of Rope All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: