Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
im serious into roleplaygames. now only shit comes out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah boy where to start. Oh and hi.

Here's a run down of my personal favourites

Baldur's Gate (as in I + add-ons and II + add-ons)
I can't say i'm a D&D enthusiast but this is a brilliant series, even as new rpgs come out i keep coming back to baldur's gate, great story, loads of paths to choose and above all it's all your own adventure, you create the character, gender, class, appearance etc. You make the choices (and there are a fair few). And as for length? Well the latest (and last) add-on, Throne of Bhaal, took me a good while to complete, bgII is about three times as long not counting replayability.
If you were going to invest in a good rpg then this is a pretty epic one to try Razz
Oh but if you're looking for a good online rpg, i'd steer clear of this one, the community is littered with people who use hacking programs to overpower their characters, you may well find (i know i did) that you'll start a game with a guy who seems normal enough, who then casts a time stop spell, summons loads of monsters and then legs it, leaving you to be eaten alive. Pleasant.

Neverwinter Nights
If you're looking for an awesome online rpg with almost the same creative staff as the baldur's gate series then get this, same sort of setup, except 3d and a much better online community. Offline story is pretty big and bigger still with the two addons. However the online community really sucks you in, I played on a finnish roleplay server called Ajojahti for a good year and a half, brilliant game, not quite as epic as bg however and i found the offline story better in bg too but if you're looking for some mmorpg action then this is right up your street.

Icewind Dale is the same sort of setup as bg as well, same world just..well more north.

Lot of people rave about Diablo II and Guild Wars but I haven't played either so i can't really help you there.

A lot of people also rave about Final Fantasy 11, though i suppose that classes as a 'new one', I myself don't care for it very much but you may think differently, there is the lovely subscription fee however Razz

And i'm not sure if this last one classes as an MMORPG but i'll mention it anyway. EVE. You wouldn't believe the community that EVE has. There's one server and thousands of people on it, the game is huge and yet you still meet loads of people wherever you go. If you haven't played it you basically make a character and level it up as you would in an rpg, with these new skills that you develop (and you choose which ones to develop) you can become proficient in a number of fields, for example mining. As time goes on and you start raking in a bit of money you can start upgrading your ship, oh yeah it's a space game by the way, it's all in spaceships. So you can start upgrading weapons and shields and such and start blowing the crap out of people in corporation wars (like guild wars, without the copyright enfringement). If you've ever played freelancer it's a bit like that except instead of direct control over your ship you give it commands, lots of button clicking and such, i didn't get into it myself but it might be your cup of tea, i suppose it is an rpg really.

OK last but not least, World of Warcraft, big fanbase there, although all everyone seems to do is sell silk, no that's wrong that's all my mate ever seems to do but yeah big online community, very popular. Druids and warriors and lots of things to beat up, Player vs Player combat if that's your cup of tea. Not played it myself but very popular as i said.

Whew sorry about that, ok i'm done.
Hope it helped.
No wait here's one!
ArcaDe
WcD LeaDeR
WcD LeaDeR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i played pen & paper D&D and AD&D. started it with 11 years.

oh i i liked neverwinter aswell .. and dungeon siege was gr8 too .. played diablo 1 (okay) dibalo 2 hmmkay ..

the best still are the baldurs gate things. icewinddale is more a hack n slay but still great.

in the amiga times i played all those stuff like pool of radiance, curse of the azure bonds, the dark series of krynn. they were so lovely.

so i would like to hear more about silver mb a good screenshots which reflects the game in battle

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sent the game today to you kev
Cool

Batt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't had much luck finding silver screenshots, probably not searching for the right things.

The battles were all real-time though, you'd walk into an area and there'd be some monsters and you click on them (different mouse buttons and combinations and such do different things) and battles are fought that way. As far as i remember you could equip your party and such but their fighting was controlled by the AI, maybe you could switch to them, i can't remember.
Oh yeah if you held the right mouse button or something you defend using your shield, blocking attacks, so you had to be pretty strategic when you were fighting not to leave yourself too open.

Was quite a fun game actually, and quite long as i remember it. But if you're a graphics buff don't expect much, was a mid 90s game i think. Was pretty much a point and click rpg, like baldur's gate ironically, without the D&D and the pause button.

EDIT
here's some good shots
http://uk.media.pc.ign.com/media/011/011228/imgs_1.html
No wait here's one!
ArcaDe
WcD LeaDeR
WcD LeaDeR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx 4 the screenshots .. looks interesting .. i give it a go next time ..
still got torment here .. it started bad and i stopped it in the past .. i kept hear ppl saying it was an awsome game cept the beginning hmmm

Batt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

planescape torment? hmm back in the day i did contemplate getting that, didn't in the end for some strange reason. Looked good though.
No wait here's one!
NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that silver doesnt look too bd for a game about 10 years old actually.

Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I just took a look... I not seen it in about 7 years... at the time it was similar graphically to FF7, in a lot of ads around the time it was released there were captions like final fantasy 7 killer... of course no game is a final fantasy 7 killer IMHO... Wink

Batt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bet the magazine that said that didn't last long =/
No wait here's one!
Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where I read it... it's been so long... and way I see it u can't really compare em... one's a turn based perfect rpg the other is point n click rpg...

Batt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the battle system isn't the be all and end all of rpgs though, that aside i agree you can't compare them, the final fantasy games as a whole are in a league of their own.
No wait here's one!
Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Batt"]the battle system isn't the be all and end all of rpgs though, that aside i agree you can't compare them, the final fantasy games as a whole are in a league of their own.[/quote]

Well a lot of other games have copied FF so without it... RPGs would be different me thinks... oh and FF7 has the best setup... MATERIA ROXORS!!!! Very Happy

DarK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an active D&D 3.5e player. Razz I recommend to get Planescape Torment asap if you haven't played it. It has a great story and surprises of all kinds. Smile

I also played BG I+II with all addons, and I have NWN with both addons and the CEP. Haven't touched Icewind Dale yet though, my friend's playing it right now. Smile All the Forgotten Realms games are great, I like.
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont play rolegames. i once tried "dungeon master" on C64 or amiga 500, cant remember atm, but it sucked ass.

plus it takes too much time, coz i heard u cant stop whenever u want. u mostly gotta return to a certain savepoint (hotel, sleeping point or whatever) or sumin - playing online i mean. i dont play computer games offline.

WcD LeaDeR
WcD LeaDeR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DarK"] All the Forgotten Realms games are great, I like.[/quote]

indeed they are !!!!

dungeon master was "ground stone layging" for those sweet things. and dont forgot about the bards tale. on amiga i had a roleplaygame called BLOODWYCH .. it was amazing. first time it was possible to play with a m8 cooperatively a rpg game. that was so exciting i remember. split screen and team tactics + riddle solution together. i still got the disk with my last multiplayer savegame on Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: