Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
Do any1 knows good game maker?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Tool and Game Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boric6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Do any1 knows good game maker? Reply with quote

Do any1 knows good game maker?I want to make game like GTA:San Andreas Smile game rules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to make a game of that size it would take a team of around 400 people 8 months to perfect

im sure some one here could make you Pong in Basic though lol
Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to make basic games on my spectrum but that mostly consisted of me copying code out the instruction manual Laughing

My cousin used to make games and they were really good... I think I still have one of em... he even showed me once how to make one of them loading background screens appear (speccy users will know what I mean)... of course it baffled me cause I was only young then...

As for making a game the size of GTA... U gotta be having a laugh... making it look good would be hard enough... I remember when I tried to make a rpg on rpgmaker... I gave up soon after... it just takes too long...

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solar wrote:
400 people 8 months to perfect

and the rest, GTA:san andreas is built on gta 3, which itself took over 3 years to make iirc. in between this was vice city and that was bound to include better game code/fixes etc.
i have no idea what you would need to make a game. i used to think c+ and c++ could do alot of them but it appears not to be the case anymore. then you have to include the rights to a games engine you want to use or build it yourself which will add even more time and cost, the res orchestra game that was released on steam not long back cost the game makers $500,000 alone to have rights to it. (but they won a competition apparently so they didnt directly pay it)
if youve got an idea for a game, approach a games house and see what they have to say, they will take it on board and let you have rights to it or not help you, but if you do this then make sure you have the rights to it.

Plutonic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most games are still made in C++. I'm just writing up my report on my Racing game so once its out the way and marked I'll be able to start showing you demos and what not. For now have a screen shot or two....... I'll make a new thread for them....

xDMxDARKO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think for today games there are finished engines engines are like shells whit programatic interfece they can have there own programing languagees aor can be programed trough other programing languages or programers can cobine objects from one or two engines to create a new engines there are infinite posibilities for programers bud thats it when you have engine then i gues disagners, artists have a main role it is like making a mouvie.

I am programing in vb vba and i have finished objects and they have functions or metods or properties that i can use in a new way bud i can change that finished objects that are exposed to me it. so i am in one side wery limited with functionalty of objects that are exposed to me bud on other side i can develop aplications wery fast. so basicly i am a disagner of new ideas in my job bud im not a real programer

on the other side somone who is programing in c is not limited with funcionality of objects because he can ad or remuve functionality to objects bud his aplications are developing wery slow and 1 man can not do it alone i guess. bud he is the way i see it the real programer because if he dont make new objects or engines and expose funcionality to me i cant do my par of job.
PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to agree with every1 above. i myself started once with basic and pascal, only did very simple things (i like ya pong comment, solar Laughing) my bro was in a workgroup that made a racing game in c++ and i had no idea what the fuck they were doing Razz

i think u should start with a small thing, boric. a game like gta wasnt made by one man and believe the rest, it took time. create a small tetris-like game and be happy if it works.

WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PigL3t wrote:
i have to agree with every1 above. i myself started once with basic and pascal, only did very simple things (i like ya pong comment, solar Laughing) my bro was in a workgroup that made a racing game in c++ and i had no idea what the fuck they were doing Razz

i think u should start with a small thing, boric. a game like gta wasnt made by one man and believe the rest, it took time. create a small tetris-like game and be happy if it works.

OMFG talk about dragging old topics up Razz

I did I.T. at college and all that programming was too much for me... just doing pascal was boring... Writeln THIS Readln THAT zzzzzzzzzzz... and then they drop C on us and.... FUCK... only one person in the class could do it (INSTANT COPIES for every1 Laughing)

PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevrpgfan wrote:
OMFG talk about dragging old topics up Razz

oh... sorry, i always use the "show new posts since last visit" button and this thread appeared. Darko answered yesterday so it wasnt me restarting it after a longer pause Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Tool and Game Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: