Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
revolution controller !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Thunder wrote:
Kev/Solar = Anti-Microsoft groupies. Laughing

Anyway - I am sick of dumping all my money into Japanese produced electronics/products. If you want to blow $700-$800 on the PS3 when it is released - go for it. Rolling Eyes

I will be enjoying my XBox 360 in full 1080i glory on my 55" Big Screen TV. The rest of you nabs can set back and wait for about a year for the Piece of Shit 3. Very Happy

I said this on another forum and some1 said I hit the nail on the head...

Xbox games mainly consist of FPS and EA Sports games... Razz

So keep your Xbox 360 and shove it where the sun don't shine Laughing

PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o0o0o... id like to see an unfair and dirty fight Twisted Evil

how else can u argue about a matter of taste... Rolling Eyes

WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if all the systems have different games, which i agree with btw kev, then whats the point in being a fanboy or comparing them?they all have different games.

for me, the only game that saves the 360 for me, is project gotham racing and would be the only thing that would make me buy it right now, and thats only because its never made it onto the PC Sad
now the ps3, i would like to get for the tekken series and possibly the tony hawks/gta games as i always enjoyed them more on the sony hardware for some reason, i think its the ps2 pad tbh though but meh ill leave it there.
and the revolution has a load of good points for it, such as the cost of the machine and the back catalogue of old gen games. theyve all got their good points and bad points and tbqh this argument between fansboys of each system is very boring now. people will just buy the system that most fits them and leave the one that doesnt.

/edit, the console that gets the top spot will be the console that gets modded and has the most potential once modded. take the xbox for an example of that, once the mods were on the market sales shot up.

Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not a fanboy in any way... I've played on a lot of consoles... I admit I used to be a major Nintendo fan... back when the NES and SNES were cool... Although even then I played on megadrive and master system games and enjoyed them round my m8s...

As for now I don't see any reason why people buy xbox's... all it is IMHO is a PC in a box, I have a PC and the majority of the games will come out for the PC... It's aimed at ppl who can't afford a pc if u ask me... but even then PC games are far more varied...

The reason I like Sony is RPGs... I've got a PS1, PS2, GBA SP and a DS... so don't go calling me a fanboy Razz

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres nothing wrong with being a fan but being a fanboy is ghey.
as you say you like sony as theyve got alot of games licences for games/genres you like so fair play.
the xbox has been a fantastic machine, its not just for games, its a media centre and a great compliment to the home cinema. its not a pc and never will be, it tries with the keyboard/mouse combo though.
there some great games for the xbox that just arent out on the pc or id agree that it is a pointless console, but because of that and the stuff you can do with it once modded, its my 2nd favourite console of all time, just behind my ps1.

Blue Thunder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevrpgfan wrote:
Well I'm not a fanboy in any way... I've played on a lot of consoles... I admit I used to be a major Nintendo fan... back when the NES and SNES were cool... Although even then I played on megadrive and master system games and enjoyed them round my m8s...

As for now I don't see any reason why people buy xbox's... all it is IMHO is a PC in a box, I have a PC and the majority of the games will come out for the PC... It's aimed at ppl who can't afford a pc if u ask me... but even then PC games are far more varied...

The reason I like Sony is RPGs... I've got a PS1, PS2, PSP, GBA SP and a DS... so don't go calling me a fanboy Razz

I have the NES, SNES, Gamecube, GB, GBA, GBA SP, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, PS1, PS2, PSP, Genesis (W/ Sega CD), Saturn, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360. Hell, I even have some of the oldies that most of you won't remember - like the Atari 2600, 5200, Intellivision and Colecovision systems. As you can see - I like all the systems, as Nova said, they all have strong points. All I am saying is that pure bashing of a system, based soley on the premise of who manufactures the system (M$), is childish. But to each their own.... I could care less. I just wanted to interject how I am enjoying the XBox 360 right now. And as far as a certain types of games that are available on the 360 right now....there are Racing (Ridge Racer, PGR3), Sports, FPS', RPG's (Oblivion and Final Fantasy XI in Mid April), Flight Sims and Action. So, as you can see there is quite a nice mixed bag (selection) available for the 360 already. But, who am I to say what is good or not Rolling Eyes .
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny u should mention old systems... I sold my NES and SNES... thats why I got a GBA SP, without Nintendo the video game system would not exist today... I've got some spectrums in my attic (48k and a 128k +3) as well.

Blue Thunder wrote:
there are Racing (Ridge Racer, PGR3), Sports, FPS', RPG's (Oblivion and Final Fantasy XI in Mid April), Flight Sims and Action. So, as you can see there is quite a nice mixed bag (selection) available for the 360 already. But, who am I to say what is good or not Rolling Eyes .

Yeah the selection is getting a bit wider than it was... but it's still no where near as good as what Sony has on offer... Final Fantasy XI and Oblivion are both available on the PC, so any1 who has a PC can buy them and play them... I read on another forum that some1 compared PGR3 to the last Gran Turismo and said it looked barely better in graphics...

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry kev, that guy on the other forum must be blind. PGR3 is simply stunning. and it looks a hell of alot better than the ps2's gt4, but the ps2 does do well with its aging hardware and puts up a good clean looking game.
i agree with you that sony have got the widest selection of games and the quality of games is superb also.

Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up dude... he/she must of been either blind or a complete gran turismo fan boy Laughing

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, more than likely a fan boy. i really dont get the fanboy thing, if something is good/enjoyable then just get on with it and use/play it. theres more good points about each system for particular people than bad points for the same people im sure.
if i could, money permitting, id have them all but because of this id just choose the best for me, which is likely to be the revolution to begin with as its rumoured to have a sub £100 release price and the huge back catalogue of games to play on it, oh an the controller looks fantastic aswell. very innovative imo.
then once the 360 and ps3 drop considerably in price (£100-£150) i will probably buy those too, ofcourse only if there are decent games out for each which i would imagine therre being in bucketloads
i miss pgr on my old xbox and tekken on my old ps2.
theres nothing on the pc that comes close to either of those games unfortunately, or gran turismo actually. although gt1 is fun with emulators Very Happy

Plutonic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem I have when it comes to consoles is money.
I can only afford to buy one console from each generation.
I used to go with Sega have master system and megadrive and the old 32x (haha).. oh and N-gage, I actually bought a SNES a couple of years ago just for mario cart for like a tenner but on emulators I have SNES, MS, Genesis, GBA, NES and Playstation.

For newer consoles I have Yaroze-Playstation and PS2 (with linux kit), and will buy PS3 which would make most of you see me as a fan boy probably.
But at the end of the day it comes down to 3 things:

1. Sony have a greater selection of games I like. Like kev I love RPGs and most other games I get for the PC.

2. Xbox has a small problem in the sence that its made by a software company. This is where the backwards compatability falls down, which i think is just tacky, but a small point in the overall scheme of things.

3. And probably quite a big thing is that sony have always been nice to me.. and I dont mean that i enjoy there console (which of course i do).
They released the yaroze to allow bedroom coders to play with the PS1 hardware, they released PS2-linux to get the same for PS2. They replaced my PS2 without question, even when it turns out the problem was with the TV and they sent me 2 playstation 2 games completely free just for being loyal. (Final Fantasy 10 and Jade Cocoon 2 - JC2 is shit but thats not the point Razz). I also know a number of Sony staff who have helped me with information for my 3rd year project and have spoken to others in person at ECTS.
If that makes me 'fan-boy' I like to think I'm the only fan-boy with good reaon Wink

If the Revo is indeed as cheap as you say though I might get it if they release any games that I like the look of. I cant see myself getting an Xbox though, spending another £300 just hurts too much.

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you aint no fanboy plut, youve backed up why you want a ps3. my definition of a fanboy is simply someone that floows/buys without question and rams it down other peoples throats.
its horses for courses at theend of the day, but fanboys dont understand this, its the same with ati vs. nvidia, SM3.0 vs. SM2.0 lol.

Kevrpgfan
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell if the revolution is around £100 it's gonna be hard for me to say no Shocked

The annoying thing is... I want a PS3 but why did they have to bloody make it bigger than the PS2 Crying or Very sad I suppose I'll have to live with it... Theres still rumours circulating over a Final Fantasy VII Remake... I was willing to pay £250 for a PS3 but now the Rev is tempting me... so I might w8 till the PS3 is even cheaper I dunno... depends on the games at the end of the day... I just hope they don't fuck up the controller (it's being redesigned so no batarang jokes Laughing ).

NoVa
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

size isnt everything, theyve probably had to put in some decent cooling in it so it doesnt overheat like some of the 360's, and tbh the size of consoles doesnt really bother me, but going much bigger than a av amp would be a bit silly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: