Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
Win7 is teh 1337 shizzle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Win7 is teh 1337 shizzle Reply with quote

Yeah bro mtfkn hell yea yo Razz

Normally I'm not very optimistic about new operating systems from M$. Usually they are full of bugs, unstable or the system just doesn't feel right when you see it in action for the first time...

But I must say.. after win95, win98, winMe, Win2K, WinXp and Vista, it seems they FINALLY managed to make a fkn nice system which worth a try, even though it's still in beta stage. No wonder, I mean, any company which needs 14 blo0dy years to develop a product should be reaching it's goal sooner or later Razz

While they can put Vista up Unit's arse where the sun don't shine, Windows7 will be some leet shit dudes! It runs fast, seems to be quite stable, but most of all - the options you would like to see at certain moments, are THERE - right in front of you! Instead of having to search and look more and search again like it used to be in slow-ass-jamaican-nigga-Vista.

So yes, it's true what they write in the papers - M$ actually LISTENED to people and their complains about Vista, and they TOOK ADVICE, omfg - how did that became possible, lol!

*Running the beta for a week now, and I must honestly say - I don't wanna go back to XP anymore.. omFg I can't believe I just said that!

Ok, but I still need XP sometimes - just to play Worms, cz that isn't quite working like it should in Win7... anyway, dualboot solved that problem, hehehe

CuntJ wrote:
and thats also cos the others have lives, except gnork of course... and im jealous Mad
DorkFOOT wrote:
boontit ya a wacked out on drugs fooker
another reason for me to be jealous Mad
Worm-Unit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Surprised soundz pretty smewd hehe downloadable from ms site? Might give teh l33t dualboot a chance soon,when i receive my new gpu within a few weeks...mofo died on me 2 weeks ago Crying or Very sad god is such a caring nice man *cough* damn u malef0ol,gimme my shit back hehe Laughing
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I got the torrent link a week ago, the M$ website http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ starts offering the beta today, but only the first 2.5 million leechers will be happy. I bet their servers will go down before they reach that number due to massive interest. Their windows blogsite is already too busy atm Razz i just need a serial to activate it...

CuntJ wrote:
and thats also cos the others have lives, except gnork of course... and im jealous Mad
DorkFOOT wrote:
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, here is the fix for the colour bug http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?p=682256#post682256

easy and working like a charm Smile

news on the reg keys: M$ just released a couple of product keys, if you need one to activate you can choose:

win7 64 bit: http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

You may use the following product key to activate your evaluation copy of Windows 7 Beta 64-bit.

-Product key: 7XRCQ-RPY28-YY9P8-R6HD8-84GH3
-Product key: JYDV8-H8VXG-74RPT-6BJPB-X42V4
-Product key: 482XP-6J9WR-4JXT3-VBPP6-FQF4M
-Product key: GH6M4-BYTJT-KWDD6-DYJ2T-88K7W
-Product key: RFFTV-J6K7W-MHBQJ-XYMMJ-Q8DCH

win7 32 bit: http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/3/3/633118BD-6C3D-45A4-B985-F0FDFFE1B021/EN/7000.0.081212-1400_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.ISO

You may use the following product key to activate your evaluation copy of Windows 7 Beta 32-bit.

-Product key: 4HJRK-X6Q28-HWRFY-WDYHJ-K8HDH
-Product key: QXV7B-K78W2-QGPR6-9FWH9-KGMM7
-Product key: TQ32R-WFBDM-GFHD2-QGVMH-3P9GC
-Product key: GG4MQ-MGK72-HVXFW-KHCRF-KW6KY
-Product key: 6JKV2-QPB8H-RQ893-FW7TM-PBJ73

official windows 7 website http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

alternatively have a look at http://techfreaks.in/forum/f50/windows-7-plus-patch-v6-18776/ if you want to get rid of the watermark and the 'Send Feedback' link which is displayed in every Window Razz

Added after 18 minutes:

I played around with this nice system and will give you a little install guide to help ya on the move:

Make a backup of your shizzle!

Then, take some harddisk (not the one you use for critical work conditions) and boot from your XP installation cdrom, create a C: of at least 8Gb (plus a few Gb for your apps) and a D: drive of at least 3Gb (plus a few Gb for your apps)

Next, install XP onto D: -> this will automatically format the fresh C: drive as well to prepare it for the bootloader.

When the XP setup finishes, DO NOT install any drivers. Just install daemon tools or something alike, and mount the Win7 iso. Run the installer, and install on C: You will need to point to your harddisk controller drivers, so be sure you have them downloaded and unpacked somewhere, or have them on a floppy disk, mainboard cdrom or whatever.

If you installed any drivers in XP before you install Win7, some of them might be taken over by Win7, others not. My audio drivers got taken over for instance. BUT - if you don't install those drivers in XP, then Win7 will use it's own, or search on Windows Update.

When the setup completes, you'll have a dualboot system with both fresh XP and Win7 on separate partitions.

AVG and Kaspersky offer free antivirus software.

Also be sure to run windows update to install the MP3 patch.

System requirements according to the M$ download link: 1Ghz cpu with 1Gb memory and 128Mb vid card (to run aero). I don't think it will run very smooth on those specs, but I'm running it on a Celeron 2Ghz with 1Gb, 256mb vid card and a sata150 harddisk and its very nice Razz

HF!

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea bro, teh shizzle rock rock bounz0r hehe

...and worms running fine as long as explorer.exe is killed in taskman, I can live with that Razz

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to let wormkit run properly, create a batch file in the worms folder containing:

@echo off
taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
wormkit.exe wa.exe %*
pause
Start explorer.exe

this batch can then be called from a snooper - sweet Cool

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
DarkFOOT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

show some screenies then snorkel?

Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkFOOT wrote:
show some screenies then snorkel?

Any info you'd like to know including screenshots / vids can be found over here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: