Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
The Rules (and etiquette)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: The Rules (and etiquette) Reply with quote

I feel this post is long overdue, considering the growing number of noobs on WN these days. Over the next few days (and possibly weeks) I'll be posting the rules for different game types. These are the rules as they were followed by every generation of player BEFORE THE CURRENT ONE, seeing as how this post wouldn't be needed if not for the noobish elitist asshats. Here goes, in alphabetical order for WA:

Battlerace
---
Rules- 1 worm(ALWAYS). Place your worm where the map says START. Be the first to finish the map.
Etiquette- Don't be a douche and drown someone else's worm, and no fast-walking. This includes using the mouse glitch.

BnG
---
Rules- 1 worm(almost always. Sometimes played with 2 worms MAX). Place your worms on the terrain. No 5 sec nades, no straight shots (aiming directly at another worm), and you must move your aimer during your turn if you plan to shoot (no shots from the same angle twice in a row). KTL (kill the leader) and KTC (kill the cow) are in effect. You fuck up, and it's up to the host to spare you, or smite you (KTC).
Etiquette- If you cow and the host decides to spare you (no KTC), it would be a good idea to skip your next turn. That's the standard fare for cowing, NO MATTER WHAT GAMETYPE.

Boomrace
---
Rules- 1 worm(ALWAYS). Use explosions to reach the finish. It's basically like a Battlerace, only you use explosions to move instead of jumping and walking.
Etiquette- Again, don't flush other worms.

Bungeerace
---
Rules- 1 worm(ALWAYS). A Battlerace, Roperace hybrid. Guide your worm around the map, using the bungee to make the required jumps. No glitch-walking allowed.
Etiquette- Try not to knock other worms.

Fly Shoppa
---
Rules- 3 worms(usually). Ok, pay attention here. There are two rule sets for all shoppa types; pack, and propack. Pack rules are as follows: CBA (crate before attack), and ABL (all but last). Propack are as follows: CBA, ABL, and AFR (attack from rope). It is up to the host to determine which rule set is used in the game. In a fly shoppa, there is an extra rule: FBA (fly before attack).
Etiquette- Don't cow (break the rules). If you do, skip your next turn without moving your worm. Also, DO NOT use girders or nukes in a shoppa, EVER. You may use arrows, but only if you manage to hit another worm with both shots. If you block a worm in with arrows, or miss with one or both arrows, it is considered a COW.

Fort
---
Rules- # of worms depends on the host(ALWAYS). Pay strict attention, as this gametype has many (possible) rules. It is up to the host as to what rules are followed. No invading (touching the other team's fort with your worm), no fishing (stealing crates from the opposing team's fort [although, you may blow them up by shooting them from your fort]), no nukes, no Armageddon, no donkey. The host determines what team gets which fort.
Etiquette- Always ask your partner (if it's 2v2 or more) before using a weapon with limited ammo. Usually you'll want to fomulate a plan early on, so you know what to use and when to use it. Try not to block other worm's paths, some fort maps are very tight (limited movement space).

Proper (Roper)
---
Rules- 1 worm(ALWAYS). This gametype seperates the noobs from the pros. KTL, CBA, and AFR are all in effect. You MUST use a bazooka on your first turn. If no crate drops on your turn, you must w2w (wall to wall) the indy border surrounding the map. No firebombs (exploding crates to deal damage).
Etiquette- Any piling is very frowned upon, especially with the last place worm. Don't pile worms, and you should be fine.

Roperace
---
Rules- 3 worms(usually). Use the rope to navigate the map. NO ROPE KNOCKING, PERIOD. Be the first to reach the finish.
Etiquette- Don't flush other people's worms, it's bad manners, and counts as a cow.

Shoppa
---
Rules- 3 worms(usually). Ok, pay attention here. There are two rule sets for all shoppa types; pack, and propack. Pack rules are as follows: CBA (crate before attack), and ABL (all but last). Propack are as follows: CBA, ABL, and AFR (attack from rope). It is up to the host to determine which rule set is used in the game. The standard rule set is propack.
Etiquette- Don't cow (break the rules). If you do, skip your next turn without moving your worm. Also, DO NOT use girders or nukes in a shoppa, EVER. You may use arrows, but only if you manage to hit another worm with both shots. If you block a worm in with arrows, or miss with one or both arrows, it is considered a COW. PLAYING KTL IN A SHOPPA IS FOR NOOBS ONLY!

Team17 (T17)
---
Rules- 4 worms(ALWAYS). No glitch walking. This is basically like a normal game, only with far less weapons.
Etiquette- Just be polite. That's a given, no matter what gametype or who you are.

Warmer
---
Rules- 1 worm(ALWAYS). Like a proper, only you don't play to win. Instead, you play to better your roping skills, or just to get your "roping mojo" flowing.
Etiquette- Just don't try to block worms. No one really wants to waste their turn time in a warmer trying to move your stupid ass.

Wascar
---
Rules- 3 worms(usually). Start where it says start, going in a counter-clockwise direction, unless stated otherwise by the map or the host. Rope around the map, counting each pass of the start line as 1 lap. First to X laps is the winner. X is the number of laps predefined by the host before the game starts.
Etiquette- Ropeknocking is very frowned upon in this gametype. Don't do it, and you should be fine.

/me takes a bow and a sip of water.

I hope that proved helpful as a refresher to the senior players, and as a guide to the noobs. Sorry for the long post, but I felt this was needed.
CJ
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: The Rules (and etiquette) Reply with quote

King wrote:
PLAYING KTL IN A SHOPPA IS FOR NOOBS ONLY!

i agree, back in the day i remeber when it was always ABL this and ABL that, best rule ever cos KTL sucks.

King wrote:
I hope that proved helpful as a refresher to the senior players, and as a guide to the noobs. Sorry for the long post, but I felt this was needed.

It was a great guide, and refreshed some of the rules i forgotten or chose to ignore xD

hf and d!e bo0ns Neutral

Oh, and my hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dragons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good show ol'e chap lol

if i may add one you may edit or correct me if i am mistaken later

Elite
Rules - Much like normal or T17 but with very restricted turn time and very restricted weapons. usualy played as 2v2 with 2-3 worms (host will decide).worm placement must be turned on
Etiquette -(teams)do not waste all support weapons (parachutes, blow torch,drills, ninja ropes, bungee, etc)your partner may need these also, shot gun works well for digging through small walls. consult with your partner frequently about plans things happen and plans need to be changed DO NOT WHINE IF YOU ARE LOSING, sometimes its the luck of the draw , bad placement ,teammate left etc things happen dont cry about it just request a rematch if you feel you were at an unfair disadvantage(e.g team mate had to leave)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mineball
---
Scheme settings:
indy land
unlimited mines, 5 sec timer
baseball bat
teleport
using weapon don't end turn mode enabled.
god mode
FFA (Free For All)
10-15 sec turntime

Rules- 3 worms. Drop a pile of mines in front of you, be sure to smash them away with your bat before the first ones go off. Use teleport to zap to strategic place if you fall on the floor. Mineball maps have openings and the only way worms can d!E is by getting blasted out of the map.
Hint- When you drop several mines very fast, it comes to a point where you will see the first mine vanishing when you drop a new one on your little pile. This is the moment where you should hit your mines away, since no more mines can be in that pile.
Etiquette- DO NOT teleport directly above other worms to drop mines on their heads. This is considered extremely lame. Also DO NOT teleport next to a worm to drop mines and slash the mines plus worm away.
Advice- Turn speaker volume down if a huge pile of mines would come to explode, to prevent hearing damage Wink

BombSurfer
---
Scheme settings:
indy land
unlimited banana's, holy's, dynamite and mines
rope
using weapon don't end turn mode enabled.
god mode
FFA (Free For All)
10 sec turntime

Rules- 4 worms. Attach rope to roof, drop A LOT of nana's holy's, dynamites or mines b4 the timer runs out. Then watch the chaos and enjoy. Worms can only d!E when blown out of the map.

Advice- Turn speaker volume down to prevent hearing damage Wink
Advice to neighbours- Go for a day off with the kids if BombSurfer is played next doors at high volume -> /me loves 80 holy nades going off at almost the same time together with a couple of dozen nana's Wink

FlySurfer
---
The Roots: A FlySurfer is in fact nothing more than a combined SurfShopper and FlyShopper. While SurfShoppers usually take place in a 2 chambered map with an island below, FlySurfers are open and obviously you have to fly - sometimes. Here comes the itchy part, because first time joiners might get confused on what to do in their turn -> When to fly? When to surf? ahh i quit in stead of trying...

The Rules:

1. Surf to the island.
  2. Only worms on the island may attack.
  3. CBA and Fly Before Attack.
  4. ABL

That's it - nothing more nothing less.

Notes on rules:

1. There is no need to fly before you surf to the island. (Rule 1 only states "Surf to the island", and not "Fly before Surf to the island"). However if ya like to show off or fly a bit before you take a dive into the water (or maybe you just want to get some crates on the other side of the map), nobody is gonna stop you in having that bit of fun.

2. ONLY worms on the island may attack, and knocking/attacking on the island is not allowed. So how can you attack worms on it then? - Aqua sheep is one option, guided missile another one, but remember: Fly before Attack. How you'd get off the island? No, not via roping through the surf tunnel, but by taking the stairs Smile

3. Remember the traditional shopper rules that apply before attacking. Crate Before Attack is a very old rule and since this is a mutated FlyShopper, you must also Fly Before Attack (even if the attacking worm flew before he surfed!). There is NO rule telling you that you must CBS (Crate Before Surf), so just be sure you get your crate before you attack. Getting one or several crates before you surf is always good for your armory though.

QnA:

Q] So, what about worms starting on the island then? May they attack or must they surf first?

A] This had many thoughts on it, and to keep the rules simple, no additional rules are added to make those worms surf before attack. They are just lucky to start on the island already and may attack immediately. Why? If several worms start on the island and during the turns several worms also manage to surf to it, then the island may become a bit crowded. Nobody is gonna remember (or wants to have to remember) which worms on it surfed and which didn't. To 'prevent cheating' and people deploying attacks with worms on the island that have not surfed yet, that part has been legalized (KISS method, programmers should know wtf I'm talking about here). Nevertheless it's nice and fair play if that person in question at least tried to surf 1 worm to the island before he deploys the lucker(s) (but still no cow if the person doesn't). The solution not to have any worms starting on the island would be to use worm placement on game startup. Resulting in people who don't know where to place their worms, resulting in very long waiting time and explaining before all worms have been placed on the map by the players and the actual game can start. I don't like that solution, so worms on the island are simply lucky, wohoo!

Q] After I surf, how do I attack with that worm? Because his turn ends after the surf I can never complete your "Surf and Fly Before Attack"....

A] Use WormSelect on your next turn to select the worm you just surfed to the island and attack with him. Your turn ends after the surf, sure. That's the moment where you gain an attack for your next turn. With the new WA patch, it's possible to surf and fly in just 1 turn. Be sure to enable TestStuff5 before starting the game (do so by typing /test in the chat b4 u light up).

Q] Do I have to surf all my worms to the island before I may attack?

A] No need to surf your whole team to the island before you start your attacks. During your turns, simply use SelectWorm to choose if you want to surf to the island, or to attack with a worm on the island. If there is no WormSelect available in the game, then tell the host and quit - it's a basic option that should be in the game scheme and FlySurfers can't be played properly without.

Q] After an attack, must that worm surf again, or is he free to continue like in a normal FlyShopper next turn?

A] Hehe, this is not a normal FlyShopper: on his next turn he MUST surf to the island again to get a new attack ==> Surf - CBA/FBA - Surf - CBA/FBA - etc. Remember: only worms on the island may attack, so if you'd like to attack again, there is no way without surfing first, unless you'd COW horribly...

Q] Yes, but after I attack, must I surf to the island immediately, I mean during retreat time?

A] Wow, that would be an awesome hard rule. No m8, not needed but if you manage to do it, it's very cool and you'd probably get some N1's, wohoo's, VN1's and more in the chat for that xD. After you attack, just surf with the worm on his next turn, that will be fine.

Q] Ok, I surfed, took the stairs, even made a fly, but didn't manage to attack - may that worm attack next turn without having to surf again? Please?

A] No. Mess up your turn and you will have to start over again. What would you expect, b0on? quoted: "Please?" - NO.

Q] It's so hard, can't you make it easier?

A] The game knows 3 basic rules only. Play a couple of games to learn how the rules work and how to use your attacks efficiently. Also make sure you know how to surf. Yes, it's a hard gametype - it was meant to be a challenge, so you'd better know how to use a rope, too Smile

Q] Any tactical information perhaps?

• The FlySurfer scheme uses WormSelect by default. So players may choose if they surf a worm to the island, or use a brave soldier on it to attack the enemy.

• Before you attack or choose a worm with WormSelect, check your weapons so you have a good idea of which weap you're going to use and which one might be good for Plan B if you run out of time (but doesn't this apply for all worms games?) Wink

• FlySurfer maps typically have two stairs, leading to left or right part of the upper map. If your enemy is to the right, then take the left stairs so you'd only have to make 1 fly. Otherwise, you'd have to go back and forth unless you have something long ranged in your armory. Time is limited so if you like to have some time for error corrections, then start with taking the stairs on the side which has the least enemy worms on it.

Q] Scheme settings suggestions please?

• TestStuff5 should be ON, otherwise the game REALLY sucks. This will let you continue after you surf so you can both surf and fly in 1 turn. Just type /test in the chat b4 you light up and start the game.

• WormSelect should be ON, otherwise the game sucks. If you can't choose the worm you just surfed to the island, there whole idea of how the game should run is messed up.

• Turn time a bit more than 30 seconds. I'm using 33 secs and it seems a nice setting. Worms from the island appear at the upper parts between 27 and 20 seconds, resulting in a nice and quick Fly and Attack. Put in more seconds if you like, but it would probably be a waste of time since the game is for pro ropers intended anyway.

• Retreat time set to 8 (diEharD) or 10 (possible surf after attack would be easy) seconds.

• NO falldamage, the game is hard enough already, don't you think? Worms flo0sh, flush, blub and weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee more than they fall anyway....

• NO mines or barrels

Q] Additions?

A] PodSurfer: a mutated version of PodShopper and FlySurfer is also around: involving a little pod on outer left or right side of the map from which the worms must make a very long surf to the island on the other side of the map. Those lucky ones that actually make it, go upstairs and follow normal shopper rules, so: CBA, AFR and ABL. For the rest, same basics apply as to FlySurfers, unless it involves a PodFlySurfer of couse Wink

CuntJ wrote:
and thats also cos the others have lives, except gnork of course... and im jealous Mad
DorkFOOT wrote:
boontit ya a wacked out on drugs fooker
another reason for me to be jealous Mad

Last edited by Gnork on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
CJ
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q: Is Gnork a bo0n?
A: Yes Razz

Oh, and my hometown rugby team Warrington Wolves won the 2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup At Wembley and successfully defended the trophy by beating Leeds Rhinos 30-6 at Wembley on 28/08/10 Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a copy & paste battle?

Rolling Eyes

WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil

CuntJ wrote:
and thats also cos the others have lives, except gnork of course... and im jealous Mad
DorkFOOT wrote:
DarkFOOT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck the rules .,|,,

CJ
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill apologizze 4 my stupid posts but wtf men? u posted the same stupid pointless posts for yourself.

pffffft whatever your forums i guess

well....cya

Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chill out cj don't mind my jumpy temper, the topic has been fucked now anyway by others since one started to post bs in it Smile it seems impossible to do anything about it, since every1 is used to non serious posts on here Rolling Eyes ty all for making a serious topic holding information for noobs look like crap now Neutral shit happens being disappointed a bit.. -> /me=gone to Ag to release the frustration Twisted Evil again, don't bother too much cj, it's no big deal Wink

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
DarKeYeS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes to much english, let me resume a little:

all boons wrote:
bla bla shoppa is in this game abl otherwise u are noob, bng is bla bla and u are all boons, and wxw... what is this?... bla bla cj go back to your forum.. do u have one? boon! gnork is a boon too... fuck the rules bla bla and fly and die everyone bla bla...
(sorry if i dont understand everything but i am latina) Twisted Evil

ok, here are a new generation of DM mebers is true, and i love old style of games, but u must have fun with ktl or abl doing cow or not (if i attack myself incluidind the last one is not cow).... nice to give us the rules king... i know them and i like to breake them a little bit...
kisses and u die
intereses : futbol..... hombres.... pero en el futbol ya hay hombres cierto? entonces solo futbol Wink ahh y matar a la profe de biokimica con una inyeccion letal de ebola... o solo ke se enferme de gripe no estoy segura =P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELL yeah!

Rules are made to be broken!
(But it's nice if u at least know what to break b4 u break it)

.,/,,

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to point out, Darkeyes, that hitting yourself and only last place is/was often considered a cow.

Very cheap, to say the least.
Dragons

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a cow always has been always will be (but leeway is given to newbs who cant play well like darkeyes

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D3v1L

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: The Rules (and etiquette) Reply with quote

King wrote:
If you block a worm in with arrows, or miss with one or both arrows, it is considered a COW.

OMG, really? well, that sucks... i understand now why many players were pissed when i blocked them Cool

well, fuck them... blocking a worm with an arrow is one of the most evil moves (but try to not do it with someone's last worm, he will be get really pissed) Wink

btw: i have a phew problems with my pc but all is going fine and smooth now, i just reinstalled wa for the 32465 time and had my first gime with 640*480... hehe.

Hope to cya all soon... i need some asses to kick Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: