Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
Wormnet and lag - news update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Wormnet and lag - news update Reply with quote

Taken from the team17 forum:
melon wrote:

franpa wrote:

i still get 5 to 10 seconds after someone hosts for there game to appear. they host with a snooper and it says it is hosting, then it appears 5 to 10 seconds after that message... probably because there loading the game up?

Volcadmin came into #Help on WormNET today when doing some work to it, and I -distracted him- got chatting to him. I thought the following information was really useful, so I thought I'd post it here. Bear in mind the conversation was brief because he was busy, so I've assumed one or two things:

A while ago, you'll remember there was some awful lags that made WormNet unusable. Every time a player joined, left, or hit refresh, everybody got a new version of the game list. This meant that every second it could be calculating the game list for about 50 people, so the server quickly ground to a halt. (ProSnooper also quieries the game list a few extra times in addition to this, but the hit on the server is less severe)

Now, the same thing happens, but people only look at a cached version of the list, which is far far less of a server hit that generating a new list each time. The game list itself only updates every 15 seconds, so it doesn't matter how often you hit refresh, you're not going to see a difference until it's updated. Therefore, you should expect to wait at most 15 seconds for a game to appear on the list.

quoted so you lazy bastards don't have to register there or click on yet another link .,/,,

at least it helped a LOT :p

CuntJ wrote:
and thats also cos the others have lives, except gnork of course... and im jealous Mad
DorkFOOT wrote:
boontit ya a wacked out on drugs fooker
another reason for me to be jealous Mad
PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Wormnet and lag - news update Reply with quote

Gnork wrote:
quoted so you lazy bastards don't have to register there or click on yet another link .,/,,

thanks for the quote mate.

5-15 seconds before the hosted game appears... wow, that ppl even notice that! never seen any delay. but im not used to join games with light speed anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: