Random Map

| News | Forums | Downloads | Clans | Extras |   
www.wormscc.co.uk Bringing Clans Together   
FAQFAQ | SearchSearch | MemberlistMemberlist | UsergroupsUsergroups | RegisterRegister | ProfileProfile | Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages | Log inLog in
LAG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: LAG Reply with quote

http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?p=636803#post636803

Let's hope we get an answer about this annoying problem...because...

Wormnet -> .,/,, <---- atm

CuntJ wrote:
and thats also cos the others have lives, except gnork of course... and im jealous Mad
DorkFOOT wrote:
boontit ya a wacked out on drugs fooker
another reason for me to be jealous Mad
PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kill snooper-user.

thats what im saying since it came out the first time. wn aint made to chat .,|,,

WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PigL3t wrote:
kill snooper-user.

thats what im saying since it came out the first time. wn aint made to chat .,|,,

no reason to kill if it simply should be bug fixed if thats the problem Rolling Eyes
or do you shoot your dog as well when he has a broken leg? we don't, we just bring it to the vet who will help it

CuntJ wrote:
and thats also cos the others have lives, except gnork of course... and im jealous Mad
DorkFOOT wrote:
Gnork
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Etho wrote:
It doesn't seem like ProSnooper is the problem. Three of the biggest bandwidth requirements on WormNet are when the client requests the WHO, WHOIS, & Game lists.

Older versions of ProSnooper ask for the gamelist every 5 seconds. The latest version asks for it every 10 seconds. Worms Armageddon requests the gamelist every 7 seconds. So ProSnooper probably wins here because I think most players have the latest version by now.

Worms Armageddon requests the WHO list (usually between 1 to 5 KB each time) every minute. ProSnooper only requests it once, when it joins the channel. ProSnooper definately wins here.

Both Worms Armageddon and ProSnooper request a WHOIS the same amount of times. So they are equal here.

this kills your statement of prosnooper being the cause, pig <--

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope it doesnt. ppl who join wn to play cause traffic coz they do what the server is built for... to play.

ppl who use prosnooper like 24/7 and are idle on wn just for the fuckin fun of it cause traffic that isnt necessary at all.

so if u think of like 30 ppl that are usually online to play and now plus 20 up to 40 ppl using poopersnooper increases the traffic and may cause lags.

kill them all.

WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 'server' which can't handle 40 clients to sent 1-5 Kb per minute is not called a server but zx spectrum

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
Dragons

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lets see not only is it just the acting of joining and unjoining the channels but a single person many i know who have a minimum of 7 in there at the same time all built with dumbass comments and responses and people who message these bots and receive huge auto responses explaining why there is a snooper instead of a player

yea i think that would cause a bit of consumption that adds up with everything else

you just feel the need to defend your precious snoopers since u have one cause you are to lazy to open worms and play a game

and another note people hosting games with there snoopers just pisses me off and it causes much unneeded bandwidth consumption

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PigL3t
WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and while we're at it: kill the bots too!

who the fuck need this "hosting buddy" shit... set up ur network or firewall properly instead.

WCC SpaMMeR!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and a big .,/,, again - we are talking about a server handling TEXT messages, not about a multimedia server like youtube <---

CuntJ wrote:
DorkFOOT wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Worms Clan Council Forum Index -> Dark Matter All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: